Our little darling Charlotte was diagnosed with mild autism in December 2007 at the age of two and a half. We have been lucky enough to have her enrolled in early intervention this year (ABA therapy through ISADD) and have seen amazing progress with her which excites me every day. I have to manage her autism daily, but I try my hardest to see her as a person (and believe me, she has heaps of personality and is an absolute crack-up!) and not see the autism as something that is a label for her. I may, from time to time, mention her autism on my blog, but I certainly won't be focusing on it, as it is only a teeny-tiny part of Charlotte.
Charlotte is enrolled in kindy for 2009 (2 full days per week) and at the moment will have an aide for 25% of the time. I think she will enjoy kindy, and is already asking who her teacher will be and what her "best friend's" name is. She has come through so much already, that I'm sure she will jump through the next hoop with only a few minor hiccups. She is amazing, and I couldn't love her more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment